XOBXOB.h: No such file or directory.

For Arduino users on XOBXOB
itech

XOBXOB.h: No such file or directory.

Postby itech » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:36 am

After installing the Arduino library (Sketch>Include Library>Add .ZIP) using IDE version 1.6.4 and opened the "Blink Ethernet" sample code, when I went to compile and download, I got this error...
Screenshot: http://puu.sh/ikvUu/ed604bde48.png (Notice XOBXOB.h is not orange in the #include's!)
Error:
Arduino: 1.6.4 (Windows 8.1), Board: "Arduino Uno"

XOBXOB_Blink_Ethernet.ino:32:20: fatal error: XOBXOB.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.

If I try to write out the location of XOBXOB.h (C:\Users\Eric\Documents\Arduino\libraries\XOBXOB_Arduino-master\XOBXOB\src\XOBXOB.h) on my computer and compile the program, I get the following error...
Screenshot: http://puu.sh/ikwcs/957597f0a8.png
Error:
Arduino: 1.6.4 (Windows 8.1), Board: "Arduino Uno"

XOBXOB_Blink_Ethernet.cpp.o: In function `loop':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino/XOBXOB_Blink_Ethernet.ino:77: undefined reference to `XOBXOB::connected()'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino/XOBXOB_Blink_Ethernet.ino:77: undefined reference to `XOBXOB::connect()'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino/XOBXOB_Blink_Ethernet.ino:82: undefined reference to `XOBXOB::requestXOB(String)'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino/XOBXOB_Blink_Ethernet.ino:87: undefined reference to `XOBXOB::checkResponse()'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino/XOBXOB_Blink_Ethernet.ino:91: undefined reference to `XOBXOB::getMessage(String)'
XOBXOB_Blink_Ethernet.cpp.o: In function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino/XOBXOB_Blink_Ethernet.ino:51: undefined reference to `XOBXOB::XOBXOB(void*, String)'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.

Help me,
Eric Sanman

xobxob

Re: XOBXOB.h: No such file or directory.

Postby xobxob » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:02 am

I think I see see what the problem is. The .zip file is not set up to be added using the "Add .ZIP library" command. If you look at the path:

C:\Users\Eric\Documents\Arduino\libraries\XOBXOB_Arduino-master\XOBXOB\src\XOBXOB.h

You'll see the level, "XOBXOB_Arduino-master". That should be removed. In other words, copy the XOBXOB directory one level up. The path *should* be:

C:\Users\Eric\Documents\Arduino\libraries\XOBXOB\src\XOBXOB.h

I just verified that this works on Arduino 1.6.4.

I hope that solves the problem. Let me know either way. And, I'll be hanging out on IRC (irc://chat.freenode.net/#xobxob) if you want to chat there.

itech

Re: XOBXOB.h: No such file or directory.

Postby itech » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:17 pm

That worked! Thanks!

-Eric Sanman

Return to “Arduino”